It’s fair to say that I have developed a kind of obsession for sunscreen. I love researching it, scouting out new ones on the market , and of course, wearing it (for the sake of skin health.) As far as skincare products are concerned, sunscreens are probably one of the toughest to incorporate into your beauty routine, especially mineral-based ones because of the white cast they can leave on the skin (depending on percentage of zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide and size of particles.) Now the industry is offering more and more sunscreen options that are cosmetically friendly so excuses not to wear sunscreen are beginning to dwindle.
The latest sunscreen on the chopping block is MyChelle’s Sun Shield SPF 28. This sunscreen is for the person who really dislikes the feeling of having product on his/her face but still wants sun protection. Sun Shield truly is one of the lightest-textured mineral sunscreens I’ve come across. Alcohol is the first inactive ingredient listed but I didn’t experience any drying. This is a great option for moderate, every day sun protection, probably not the beach.
- Really does go on completely clear
- Great choice for those with normal to combination skin
- Mineral active ingredients
- Invisible under makeup
- Some skin-loving ingredients such as aloe and vitamin E
- Contains alcohol as first its ingredient
- Nano-sized particles (I could not find any info stating otherwise. MyChelle has trademarked it “ZinClear” .)
- For those who want the security of being able to see their zinc sunscreen (the white cast) this product will not satisfy; this stuff blends right in and is invisible
Active Ingredients: 11.6% Zinc Oxide (ZinClear™), 0.67% Titanium Dioxide
Inactive Ingredients: Alcohol, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Alumina, Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ceteryl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Citric Acid, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta), Gluconolactone, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glyceryl Isostearate, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbate, Simethicone, Sodium Benzoate, Squalane, Tocopheryl Acetate (D-alpha), Trisodium Ethylenediamine, Xanthan Gum