I tend to use heavier textured sunscreens but because I’m going to be working full-time (indoors) I figure a lighter texture will suffice. For days when I’m out and about more I’ll just apply a tad more and bust out a hat.
I had been given a sample of The Perfect Sunscreen a while ago but it wasn’t until recently that I decided to take the plunge and purchase it. It doesn’t only have a good texture for a mineral sunscreen but for a sunscreen in general. Believe it or not, I actually don’t mind when mineral-based sunscreens leave a bit of a white cast because it makes a good base for my makeup-I’m fair. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to look like a mime but if the sunscreen is somewhat noticable it’s still workable with makeup-I always wear makeup. The Perfect Sunscreen is tinted with mica so when it is rubbed in it is pretty much neutral coloured.
- Amazing Texture
- Sufficient percentage of active ingredients
- All natural
- A slight tint (mica) so it doesn’t leave a white cast (although it may on quite dark complexions)
- Canadian Brand
- Works well on its on or under makeup
- Doesn’t pill
- EWG Rating of 1
- It’s fairly pricey for a sunscreen $45.00/2oz
- I could do without the mica tint but am well aware that the white cast just isn’t doable for all
- It may be too thick for those who don’t like the feeling of having sunscreen on
- Monitoring when product is running out is tricky because of the opaque pump bottle
Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6%; Zinc Oxide 10%.
Ingredients: Reverse Osmosis Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Isoamyl Laurate, Olea Europaea, Ginkgo Biloba, Calendulla Officinalis, Hippophae Rhamnoides, Curcuma Longa, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glucose, Lactoperoxidase and Glucose Oxidase, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Xanthan Gum, Mauritia Flexuosa Oil, Golden Bronze Mica Powder, Yellow Iron Oxide, Potassium Sorbate, Tapioca Starch, Red Iron Oxide, Black Iron Oxide.